[vlc-devel] [RFC v2 6/8] libvlc: add an API entry to set the new video area size

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Fri May 3 08:52:56 CEST 2019

On 5/2/2019 4:41 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le torstaina 2. toukokuuta 2019, 16.28.49 EEST Steve Lhomme a écrit :
>> ---
>>   include/vlc/libvlc_media_player.h | 12 ++++++++++++
>>   lib/libvlc.sym                    |  1 +
>>   lib/media_player.c                | 11 +++++++++++
>>   3 files changed, 24 insertions(+)
> It pretends to be generic, but it's not (because it can't), which will most
> likely cause support problems.

I'm OK with limiting this call to surface rendering. But at the very
least it should also included OpenGL rendering. It has the same issue
when the host is resized. The video will be stretched unnaturally and
the text rendering will not adapt to the actual display size (we avoid
font resizing/stretching as much as possible).

>   Plus it breaks encapsulation and contradicts
> the agreed-upon plans to use callbacks for window/surface management.
>
> And if you need a new meaning to window size,

A new meaning ? I don't understand to what you're referring to. This is
the API to set the size of the vout_window_t that is then used by the
vout display module. There is nothing new here, only a way for the host
app to tell about it.