[vlc-devel] Defect #22230

Ori Pessach mail at oripessach.com
Wed May 8 18:25:31 CEST 2019

Honestly? I can't blame them.

So it sounds like there's little hope of anyone digging into the Windows
build to track down this issue. It probably doesn't help that the
libavcodec plugin delegates the platform specific logic to libavcodec...

I noticed that the build scripts have the ability to patch dependencies
(such as ffmpeg) in some cases. Would it be acceptable to submit patches to
libvlc that rely on this? (assuming that I can figure out the root cause
and that it traces back to something like libavcodec - doubtful, from what
I've seen so far.)