[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] vout: cancel the thread and simplify

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu May 9 17:11:47 CEST 2019

Le torstaina 9. toukokuuta 2019, 14.18.19 EEST Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> On Thu, May 9, 2019, at 13:00, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > I think common sense says not to knowingly break the Qt vout window
>
> I knowingly broke it, but tell every-one before.

I can't say that I expected the overall thing to be this broken (if the number
of bug reports from François is any indication), and would stay that broken
for that long.

> The Qt needed to be pushed before Gsoc

I fail to perceive the relation. If anything, a GSoC student would probably be
more comfortable with a stable baseline to work on, and rebase rarely.

> (we have 4 student working on it).

That seems insane, though that is a different topic altogether.

> > and not to keep resubmitting patches ignoring review comments (audio
> > gap-less,
> For gapless, cf https://code.videolan.org/tguillem/vlc/commits/gapless/15
> (still WIP) I agreed with your reviews.

The problem is the number of emails and resubmission. Either reviews are more
concise or they are more systematic. With a fixed pool of reviewers, you cannot
have it both ways.

> The player now handle 2 inputs simultaneously in order to don't have the
> aout stream waiting for a possible but never commit audio track.

I'm pretty sure there was a decision to do that... in v5. v4 has plenty enough
loose ends, unassigned (and to some, assigned) open bugs, not to start yet
another regression front.

--
Реми Дёни-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/