[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove libvlc_free

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Wed May 22 09:20:06 CEST 2019

On 2019-05-20 14:15, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are no changes to the fact that LibVLC "leaks" the C runtime.

Where does it leak the C runtime ? I can understand the C ABI, but not
the C runtime. It's possible to load the DLL just knowing the ABI and
never touch the runtime or have to know about it.

There's a difference between being tied to a C runtime and having to
link to it from any other language using libvlc.