[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove libvlc_free

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed May 22 10:03:22 CEST 2019

The app cannot even load LibVLC if it does not agree on the CRT or does not use any CRT. The question therefore makes no sense: the app already has free() and other tied functions available from the agreed-upon CRT.

libvlc_free() is just a foot gun that makes it look like you don't need to care about the CRT, when you in fact do.