[vlc-devel] Video output size policy

RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 24 15:55:17 CEST 2019

Hello,

As was mentioned at the last VDD, there is some sort of contradiction in selecting the video output size when the video track changes.

There are a variety of conditions that can lead to this. But probably the most obvious concrete way to trigger and grasp the problem is this:
- start one video,
- resize the video window with the mouse,
- skip to the next video, of different visible resolution.

Now we expect that the window size is adjusted to the new resolution. We also expect that the resolution set by mouse is preserved. Yet it can't be both.

IIRC, this was supposed to be resolved by a then to-be-written settings specification. What is the status there? Or anyway, what is the expectation now?