[vlc-devel] Video output size policy

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun May 26 19:51:44 CEST 2019

Le perjantaina 24. toukokuuta 2019, 17.21.50 EEST Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> For me, if a video is resized by the user, it should keep its (user) size
> accross several medias.

That's not really possible. We don't know why the window is (re)sized. We just
know that it's been resized.

Currently, we request a resizeif the user changes AR, crop or zoom. The
question is whether we should also request a resize when the source changes,
or when the source format changes, or neither.

IMO, it's obvious that we should not request a resize when the old and new
source formats yield the same intended window size (from vout_SizeWindow()).
Users have complained when that happened in the past.

As for when the video format changes the intended window size, it's debatable,
and IIRC, users have expressed contradictory wishes.

> I don't like adding one settings for that. Both solutions are OK but we
> should stick to one.

That I'd tend to agree with.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙