[vlc-devel] Writing my own player shell - some questions

stelefx at gmail.com stelefx at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 21:47:43 CET 2019

Greetings to all! I wish to thank everyone for creating such as nicely
designed package.

Some questions:

1. is this the right list? I'm not developing new VLC functionality at
the moment, but I am using libvlc in development, rather than just
"using VLC" so I wanted to be sure I was in the right place

2. Although my player is playing most videos, I have a couple of movie
files that the VLC application itself will play that my own wrapper of
the library won't. It'll open the media file and parse but won't report
any tracks. I'm using the same libraries/plugins/data as in the VLC app.
Was wondering what might cause that?

3. When paused, I'll get lock/unlock/display calls continuously. Is that
expected?

Many thanks!