[vlc-devel] breaking build

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Mon Oct 21 07:54:30 CEST 2019

On 2019-10-20 20:01, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2019, at 15:33, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> The points are that some people ostensibly don't run the test suite, and/or
>> smoke tests and/or enable the ADDR and UB sanitisers, causing easily avoidable
>> regressions in master.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Breaking the build or breaking tests should not happen anymore. This is not normal.
>
> We will then move to gitlab to get the CI to run pre-merge, as soon as possible.
> CI should catch all of those.

I went to great length to make sure the branch that I pushed not only
passed make check, but also that all the commits don't break make check.
If something is broken, more tests are probably needed. I also posted a
branch of the patches I intended to push so anyone can validate them on
their platform because I can't test everything.

So, what is the problem we're talking about ?