[vlc-devel] lua playlist for .m3u

Simon Walter simon at gikaku.com
Mon Sep 30 15:38:39 CEST 2019

Hello all,

First of all, please let me know if this list is inappropriate for these
questions.

I would like to write a playlist plugin for .m3u files. However, the
builtin one is always being used (demux?). Why is this and how can I
make VLC use my .m3u reader?

I noticed that /usr/lib/vlc/lua/meta/reader/filename.lua does work. It
gets called for .avi files but not .mkv nor .mp3 files. Why is that?

The README.txt for the plugins are not correct. So I would like to ask
if /usr/lib/vlc/lua/playlist/ is the correct kind of plugin to write a
.m3u playlist parser.

If there is any docs to read, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Simon