[vlc-devel] vlc-qt-check usage in modules/qt/gui/qt.cpp

John Cox jc at kynesim.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 11:09:34 CEST 2020

Hi

I'm confused about the modules/vlc-qt-script.  It is built by the build
process and appears to contain a script designed to be executed as part
of build (it certainly contains library & exec paths scraped from my
build paths) but is run from qt.cpp as part of the qt init process
(qt.cpp:Open:429). The upshot is that if I build natively then stuff
works as everything is where the script expects to find it, but if I
X-compile it fails as the paths are different & the executables on them
are for the wrong processor.  My X-compiled VLC works just fine if I
disable the test in qt.cpp but refuses to use qt if I leave it in.  I'd
produce a patch but I'm not sure what is meant to be happening here and
i'm prepared to believe that I've got my config wrong.

Many thanks

John Cox