[vlc-devel] [RFC 0/2] New executor API

Alexandre Janniaux ajanni at videolabs.io
Thu Aug 27 10:27:49 CEST 2020

Hi,

I agree with Remi on the timeout handling.

Especially since synchronization and threading is hard, we
should not split the termination call from the thread the
task is running on. It's much easier to compute a deadline
at the beginning of the task and either check it regularily
or drop timeout variants of the wait functions if needed.

An external timeout service could also be added if needed,
but at the discretion of each and every task, without the
need for it to be part of the main API.

Regards,
--
Alexandre Janniaux