[vlc-devel] [PATCH 2/2] vlm: update documentation
remi at remlab.net
Fri Aug 28 17:01:56 CEST 2020
doc/vlm.txt | 20 +++++---------------
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
diff --git a/doc/vlm.txt b/doc/vlm.txt
index 1ee3b194e1..bfb1fc0e06 100644
@@ -20,11 +20,7 @@ II - VLM Elements
A media is composed with a list of inputs (the videos and audios you
want to stream), an output (where you want to stream them), and some
- There are two types of medias: vod and broadcast.
- A vod media is commonly used for Video on Demand. It can be launched
- only if a vod client asks for it.
- A broadcast media is very close to a TV program, or channel: it is
+ options. It is very close to a TV program, or channel: it is
launched, stopped, paused by the administrator (or a schedule), may
be repeated several times etc.
@@ -40,9 +36,9 @@ Note: an element is a media or a schedule.
Displays an exhaustive commmand lines list.
- new (name) vod|broadcast|schedule [properties]
- Creates a new element. You must specify if it as a vod media, a
- broadcast media, or a schedule (there is no default type).
+ new (name) broadcast|schedule [properties]
+ Creates a new element. You must specify if a broadcast media, or
+ a schedule (there is no default type).
"media" and "schedule" are reserved names, and element names
must be unique.
Properties are optional: you can use the "setup" command to set
@@ -102,18 +98,12 @@ Note: an element is a media or a schedule.
Enable or Disable the media.
If a media is disabled, it can not be streamed, paused,
- launched by a schedule, or played as a VoD.
+ launched by a schedule.
Used for broadcast only.
If a media with "loop" option receives the "play" command
and finally finishes to play the last input of the list, it
will automatically restart to play the input list.
- mux (mux_name)
- Used for vod only.
- Only needs to be specified if you want the elementary streams
- to be sent encapsulated instead of raw. The (mux_name) should be
- a fourcc describing the encapsulation type (eg. mp2t for MPEG TS,
- or mp2t for MPEG PS).
Schedule Properties Syntax:
More information about the vlc-devel