[vlc-devel] Native Client support

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Feb 19 14:41:38 CET 2020

Salut Rémi,

I planned to remove NaCl next week, after merging the wasm patches.

I planned to do this in this order to avoid suppressing code that needed to be added later.

See https://code.videolan.org/jbk/vlc.js/tree/master/vlc_patches for the ones I have now.
I think one or two for compat are common with nacl.

The rest of nacl should die in a fire.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, at 12:27, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Native Client was supposed to be dropped by Google 2 years ago, but somehow it survived until this year. (Because WASM is late?)
>
> The VLC support code is incomplete and seems unmaintained, and in all likelihood, the VLC 4.0 will come out after or only shortly before NaCl dies out.
>
> Is anybody going to revamp this port and for how long? Otherwise, I don't see the point keeping in it in the development branch any longer.
> --
> Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma brièveté.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf - President
+33 672 704 734