[vlc-devel] [RFC] rename contrib/bootstrap to contrib/configure

Steve Lhomme robux4 at ycbcr.xyz
Fri Jan 31 09:35:45 CET 2020

We can fix our own scripts easily (at least a Merge Request on Gitlab
should validate the changes). I don't know about other build scripts out
there. But figuring out a file that used to be there is not there
anymore should be easy.

Also I don't think that many people transitioned to the VLC 4.0 tree yet.

As for creating scripts in general, calling it bootstrap might be
misleading. Especially since it can create things when no options are
set, like an actual bootstrap.