[vlc-devel] Video recording produces stuttering videos.

Davide Perini perini.davide at dpsoftware.org
Wed Jun 3 22:44:38 CEST 2020

Hi,
thanks for the great project, love VLC.

I am trying to record my screen using this example:

https://github.com/caprica/vlcj-examples/blob/master/src/main/java/uk/co/caprica/vlcj/test/screen/ScreenRecorder.java

Video is correctly recorded but the output is a stuttering video.

Is this an issue of VLC or simply my fault? Thanks.

I'm recording in 4K but using a very low bitrate (4096),
I have a six cores HEDT i7 5930K with DDR4 and an RTX2080Ti.
Video is written on a NVME SSD using Windows 10.

This system is not the best in the market but I would not say isn't able
to handle a screen recording.

Thanks
Davide