[vlc-devel] GSoC Project Question: MPD Server in VLC

Gary Geng garygengxiao at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:14:35 CET 2020

Hello,

I’m Gary, an undergraduate student applying for GSoC 2020. I saw the
“Develop a MPD server inside VLC”  idea from the VideoLAN ideas page and I
am interested in learning more about it.

I would like to clarify: is the end goal to allow MPD clients to access
media stored in VLC’s medialibrary by connecting to an MPD server in VLC?
If so, aside from a list of deliverables, what other information should I
include my proposal draft, and at what level of detail?

I apologize if this is not the right place to post this and would gladly
continue this discussion in-detail elsewhere.

Thank you,
Gary.