[vlc-devel] Kate Subtitles Work in VLC2 but not VLC3?

William Swartzendruber wswartzendruber at gmail.com
Sat May 16 17:13:01 CEST 2020

Now that's embarrassing. I thought it did have subtitles. In any event, I
have added subtitles and muxed everything together into Matroska. As a
test, the subtitles appear in Totem 3.30.0 (Debian 10), but not in VLC
3.0.10.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H5EdHBPYUnU27GR4fwoCh2PWsXNg9_eR/view?usp=sharing

Command line for subtitles was:

kateenc -o subtitles.ogg -l eng -c SUB -t srt subtitles.srt