[vlc-devel] Releasing 3.0.12

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 8 04:34:52 CET 2020

> On Tuesday, there will be a press conference that is likely to
> announce the release (date) of macOS 11.
>
> Marvin and me did some specific fixes for this operating system
> version so we would like to release an updated version of VLC.
>
> Seeing that we have some minor security patches pending and that
> it would be nice to release some YouTube lua script, UPnP and HLS
> improvements, I’d propose a general release for all the OS.

Where are we standing on this now? Chromecast was fixed, and YouTube was
fixed even more (this time still ahead of the curve for now). Remaining
matters would be the RIST modules that we can decide to backport or not,
the adaptive resolution fixes I just submitted, and the Qt/X11 issue -
#21875 if I follow.

About that Qt/X11 issue, is it really a regression from earlier stable
versions? How, what changed? I can't see anything in the Qt GUI commit
log.

> 2) The Qt GUI destroys the video window before WindowClose(), or at
> least it seems to (I cannot explain the symptoms in any other way).
> This seems like a new problem. This is most likely not a Mesa bug.

Let's not go back on the GL driver part of the issue. Do we have an
actionable plan to figure out the Qt part and fix it? If not, do we
still want to hold off the 3.0.12 release for it?

Any other pending matters to resolve?

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."