[vlc-devel] [V2 09/16] input: Move attachment to input_item_t

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Nov 13 19:40:04 CET 2020

Le vendredi 13 novembre 2020, 12:27:25 EET Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen a écrit :
> ---
>  include/vlc_input_item.h   |  3 +++
>  src/input/input_internal.h |  4 ----
>  src/input/item.c           |  5 +++++

I think it was intentional to track attachment in the input rather than the
item. Indeed, they can be (comparatively) large, and we really should not
track many of them in memory at the same time.

There is also the general problem that input items are writable, and thus ill-
suited to refer to reference-counted objects.