[vlc-devel] Display update/restart

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Nov 16 18:58:11 CET 2020

Le lundi 16 novembre 2020, 18:01:29 EET Steve Lhomme a écrit :
> The issue is not the glitch. It's how long it's going to take to unload
> a display module and reload it, for a tiny change that would take almost
> no time to handle directly.

That's if you assume that only D3D and GL are used.

We have other displays that have limitations on input chroma and/or picture
size. You cannot assume that a display will handle the change. Simple as that.

If your display is slow to (un)load, you have a problem anyway, as it will
break buffering and piss users off as it is.