[vlc-devel] [V2 09/16] input: Move attachment to input_item_t

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 17 15:45:06 CET 2020

Le mardi 17 novembre 2020, 15:37:24 EET Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen a écrit :
> If the attachments are not stored in the input_item, I don't believe they
> can be fetched through the libvlc media object.

I'm not sure what you expect. Either we deem that the memory consumption is
acceptable (colour me dubious), or not. If it is not then, we cannot store
attachments in input items, at least not systematically.

> I suppose we can still
> inform the users through a callback during the preparse, and let them
> decide to hold on to the attachment or not. Would that work for you?

I suppose that might work, or rather that will leave the problem for the
application to worry about.