[vlc-devel] Releasing 3.0.12

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne at videolan.org
Sat Oct 10 09:16:13 CEST 2020

Hello,

On Tuesday, there will be a press conference that is likely to announce the release (date) of macOS 11.

Marvin and me did some specific fixes for this operating system version so we would like to release an updated version of VLC.

Seeing that we have some minor security patches pending and that it would be nice to release some YouTube lua script, UPnP and HLS improvements, I’d propose a general release for all the OS.

Is anyone against? If yes, why?

Do you have things to backport? If yes, do it :)

Cheers,

Felix