[vlc-devel] [RFC: PATCH 2/2] stream filter: Add rust based cuesheet module

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Sep 10 21:33:26 CEST 2020

Le torstaina 10. syyskuuta 2020, 19.47.30 EEST Kartik Ohri a écrit :
> The module is written using Rust API and serves as
> a proof of concept for the same.

What is wrong with the existing CUE parser? That does not strike me as a
particularly difficult format to parse in C, TBH.

When it comes to vlc.git, there is a balance to be struck between Rust
programming and core reviewing expertise on one hand and Rust over C benefits
on the other hand.

I strongly doubt that CUE demuxing is worth the trouble.

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/