[vlc-devel] Deprecating the VLM

Konstantin Pavlov thresh at videolan.org
Tue Sep 22 12:22:44 CEST 2020

Hello John,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 02:25:03AM +0100, John Sullivan wrote:
> Alexandre's message on the other hand passes through, I presume,
> mostly untouched. (Because it still has the original sender's From
> address, it doesn't even get a new DKIM signature, because the list
> wouldn't, in general, be able to generate one.)
>
> Since this list appears to be using mailman 2.1.23, it looks like the
> following strategies are available. It looks like the list is
> currently set to "Wrap Message". "Munge From" might be a better
> choice.

You are 100% right, however "Munge From" breaks git am badly since it
rewrites the actual Author name to "John Doe via vlc-devel".. So
there is no other choice than Wrap message if we want DMARC-enabled mails
to be actually useful.

It's sad though some MUAs do not support that nicely, but I don't know how
to make this experience better for everyone.

--
VideoLAN, Vice President
www.videolan.org