[vlc-devel] PATCHv3 0/4] YoutubeDL stream filter

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Sep 23 18:08:55 CEST 2020

Le keskiviikkona 23. syyskuuta 2020, 18.55.33 EEST Thomas Guillem a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2020, at 17:42, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > The following changes since commit
2bcab692c19c7540f171c86c1f1a09eff51e157f:
> >   contrib: qtdeclarative: Explicitly disable the d3d12 plugin (2020-09-22
> >
> > 12:24:02 +0300)
> >
> > follow.
> >
> > Changes since version 2:
> > - Rewrite as stream filter (with lower priority than the playlist demux)
>
> Thanks for the new version including my suggestions (that I was not sure it
> could work).
>
> As an improvement (other patch set?), could we add a new option that could
> control stream-filter?

I don't see why. We already have separate functions to instantiate access with
or without stream filter. And preparsing won't work without those filters.

What I'd like is a proper way to avoid recursion in stream filters cleanly. But
I have no idea how.

> I think we want to disable ytdl and lua in some
> case, and at runtime, like when the medialib is parsing a local http
> server.

Preparsing wouldn't work without stream filters, so that sounds like a terrible
idea. You wouldn't even be able to parse playlists. Also eventually, stream
filters and demuxers are supposed to be unified (like access and access_demux),
so that demuxers can have higher priority than filters.

AFAICT, medialib is way too eager and stressful, and that's hardly related to
Lua or YoutubeDL.

http://www.remlab.net/