[vlc-devel] PATCHv3 0/4] YoutubeDL stream filter

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Sep 23 20:51:17 CEST 2020

Le keskiviikkona 23. syyskuuta 2020, 21.42.21 EEST Pierre Ynard via vlc-devel
a écrit :
> > Note that some Lua parsers don't take failing to parse their input too
> > well, so you may want to turn them off before testing. Robustifying
> > existing Lua scripts is not in scope of this patchset.
>
> Because fixing the URL expiration issue meant that all downstream
> modules got a URL and byte stream that didn't match, is that it?

Stream filters convert a byte stream into another byte stream. No news there.
Decomp has been doing this for years.

> Making this work is like an onion, uncovering layer after layer of hack
> and new issues. I'm sorry, I'm going to have a breakdown :(

Well, that's a rather offensive way to refer to the Lua code.

There are no such issues with the YoutubeDL filter, or really any other filter.
To my knowledge, they all correctly fail in probe when they can't handle the
source.

http://www.remlab.net/