[vlc-devel] PATCHv3 0/4] YoutubeDL stream filter

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Sep 27 13:06:41 CEST 2020

Le sunnuntaina 27. syyskuuta 2020, 10.25.22 EEST Pierre Ynard via vlc-devel a
écrit :
> I still have the reservations we already discussed about potential
> impact and unforeseen breakage, but if you're confident and want to take
> responsibility for it, okay.

I cannot take responsibility for third party code. I can only move the plugin
to lower priority than the HDS, adaptive, etc. modules. But that requires that
the "playlist parsers as demuxers" patchset gets merged first.

I have made a new version using JSON so we don't lose metadata on the IPC. But
so far I have used in only two ways:
- To extract the duration, which could have been done with M3U as well.
- To abide by the preferred resolution when selecting format, just like last
year's out-of-tree YTDL plugin already did.

So if there are other pieces of metadata worth extracting, please clarify.

For now, I'll merge the plugin as disabled by default. I will leave out the
redirection feature as it is heavily dependent on whether the other patchset
is merged or not.

--
Реми Дёни-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/