[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] JSON representation and Javascript unescaping

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 28 12:41:45 CEST 2020

> I agree that some good arguments were made, most particularly the
> hijack problem by Romain and few others. Pierre made valid suggestions
> but some of them were IMO unreasonable as prerequisites.

Well I don't think I put them forward as prerequisites. Many of my
suggestions don't entail that. However it does go a long way when
you acknowledge concerns or show signs that you're taking them into
account, for example working or thinking of solutions beyond the current
patchset; and I can't say for others, but personally I appreciated when
you did that.

> And then there were a lot of nonsensical feedback. If it's done once,
> I'll blame it on cluelessness. But if it's repeated as many times, I
> call it filibuster:

Please try and assume good faith - even the second and following times.
Your patchset attracted a lot of interest, so that's a positive side of
this. Thanks for clarifying what made you frustrated about the reviews.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."