[vlc-devel] Input item title

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Sep 28 17:14:04 CEST 2020

	Hello,

As some of you probably know, there are currently two competing ways to set
the title on an input item:
- the title element in the metadata structure nested within the input item,
- the name field in the input item.

That leads to this (lib/media.c):

        psz_meta = input_item_GetMeta( p_md->p_input_item,
                                             libvlc_to_vlc_meta[e_meta] );
        /* Should be integrated in core */
        if( psz_meta == NULL && e_meta == libvlc_meta_Title
         && p_md->p_input_item->psz_name != NULL )
            psz_meta = strdup( p_md->p_input_item->psz_name );

We should remove either of them, or at least force them to be kept in sync. I
would remove the input item name field, considering as the meta title may be
used in other scenarii (?).

--
雷米‧德尼-库尔蒙
http://www.remlab.net/