[vlc-devel] Multiple thumbnails

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Tue Sep 29 13:20:09 CEST 2020

> If there are more than one thumbnail available, non different
> resolution, which one is expected to be informed in the Art URL meta
> field?

> non different resolution

What?

Personally I pick as art the highest resolution available, even HD (not
much of a thumbnail then), as it comes with negligible processing cost
compared to video. UI people may have a different opinion.

If you're talking about several different thumbnails of the same
resolution corresponding to different timestamps, usually there's a
single main one, displayed by default and used in HTML metadata such as
og:image, so I pick that one.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."