[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Lua: convert playlist parser back to demux

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Sep 29 17:07:13 CEST 2020

Le tiistaina 29. syyskuuta 2020, 8.21.59 EEST Pierre Ynard via vlc-devel a
écrit :
> > Lua: convert playlist parser back to demux
>
> So this means that neither ytdl nor lua playlist parsers are getting
> auto-probed anymore by vlc_stream_NewURL(),

Yes.

Lua will no longer ruin performance on low-end systems, and YoutubeDL never
will. They generally no longer hijack URLs that native demuxers would handle.

We should probably add an assertion in the stream filter probe code that
pf_readdir is never set.

> all the codebase that currently call it is free from interference, and
> #18801 is also fixed, right?

I think so. Again, we should probably add an assertion.

--
Реми Дёни-Курмон
http://www.remlab.net/