[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] JSON representation and Javascript unescaping

Alexandre Janniaux ajanni at videolabs.io
Tue Sep 29 18:20:55 CEST 2020

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 06:39:16PM +0300, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le tiistaina 29. syyskuuta 2020, 7.40.32 EEST Pierre Ynard via vlc-devel a
> > I understand that it's how you may have still been interpreting the
> > situation. But what do you want people to do instead?
> > Not send reviews because then that gives you a green light?
>
> I expect people to be clear about what they suggest as later improvements.
> I've been trying to do so myself.

I personnally confirm that it has long been an argument against
Remi's reviews and that the quality of his reviews has greatly
improved with much more details, links to issues, taking time to
update and reference to trac, etc. I've mentioned it multiple times
on this ML, IRC and privately. Thus, there's no reason the point
would not be valid the other way around with everybody's reviews.

> And not insist on them multiples times like you and others did. Especially not
> after you've already been told that it would be considered at a later time, or
> that we do not agree with the idea.

I hope gitlab would clarify the UX for such points with resolvable
discussion.

Regards,
--
Alexandre Janniaux