[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] ytdl: improve format selection

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 30 08:17:31 CEST 2020

> Also do these streams provide both audio and video in a single
> stream ? From my own tests in Lua it seems most fancy formats only
> have either audio or video but not both (including testing with
> youtube-dl -F). This makes the whole script very limited, at least for
> YouTube.

As you can see, the format selection has code to reject audio-only or
video-only streams. It will use --preferred-resolution to pick one
audio+video muxed stream among the same set as youtube.lua. It's not
that limited since it does the same job as the current youtube.lua
script, and in some corner cases better.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."