[vlc-devel] Migration to Merge Requests

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 26 17:15:14 UTC 2021

> As it should be a surprise to nobody, we're moving to Merge Requests
> for the main repository of VLC in the next few days, or maybe a few
> hours, depending on our sysadmins.
>
> What does it change for you:
> - the main pull URL will be git at code.videolan.org:videolan/vlc.git
>   or https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc.git
> - you will need to do your changes on your fork before submitting an
>   MR to the main repository
> - the github clone will be mirrored from gitlab.

What's the synchronization status between code.videolan.org and
git.videolan.org, for either vlc or vlc-3.0?

I surmise that this implements and takes the place of the mandatory code
review process. Is it still cool to post, review and process patches
through the mailing list? Is it still cool to push directly if review is
not warranted, and to which git endpoint then? That for either vlc or
vlc-3.0.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."