[vlc-devel] debugging dvd that plays in 4x3 instead of 16x9

Shaya Potter spotter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 19:16:52 UTC 2021

so I have a DVD whose main feature is supposed to be in 16x9 but vlc
is playing it in 4x3 on both the normal linux player and in android
(as an aside, I couldn't figure out how to play it in android without
turning it into an iso).

It appears squashed and setting the aspect ratio manually to 16x9
seems to make it look right.

On the other hand, I played it in Kodi on android and it seemed to
come up in 16x9 as expected (and a 4x3 extra came up as 4x3).

any ideas on how to debug this?