[vlc-devel] Migration to Merge Requests

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 1 08:07:42 UTC 2021

> It's been pointed out that GitLab has some accessibility issues, among
> others:

> - perhaps because of its heavy and unwarranted reliance on JavaScript
>   rendering, the web UI has performance issues

This morning I was trying to browse and review merge request 181.
Unfortunately I've been struggling with this, as attempting to view
the diff makes my Firefox tab take alarming growing amounts of memory,
reaching above 1 GB; I don't know just exactly how much higher this
would get, because I have to prompty close that tab as it grinds my
operations to a halt.

So is this when I say I told you so? Do you guys think I talk out of my
backside when I point these things out? Do you guys even care? Thanks to
all those who did express acknowledgement even to say something like, it
sucks but not much can be done.

Yeah, GitLab is so much more accessible than mailing lists thanks to its
modern dynamic JavaScript web-based UX! /s

I could and did review the last iteration of the patchset, on the
mailing list last year. Now I can't this one on GitLab. Please fix, or
clarify to me that my reviews are unwanted.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."