[vlc-devel] PATCH: librist based access and access_output modules

Sergio M. Ammirata, Ph.D. sergio at ammirata.net
Fri Mar 19 15:59:50 UTC 2021

Hello Thomas,
I have done as you suggested.
I forked the VLC repo and created a branch called librist
in my fork. In that branch, I removed the old rist modules
and replaced them with the new librist based ones (separate
commits) with backward compatible config options. I also
added the librist library to the contrib section.
Then, I created a merge request and verified that librist
and the VLC rist modules both compiled properly in all 18
architectures.
Here is a link to the branch where you can see the 6
commits:
https://code.videolan.org/sammirata/vlc/-/tree/librist
Here is the merge request:
https://code.videolan.org/sammirata/vlc/-/merge_requests/1Here
 are the successful results of the compilation on all the
OSes:
https://code.videolan.org/sammirata/vlc/-/pipelines/79549
Because librist only support mbedtls which it is not part
of the contribs and does not seem to be an easy addition (I
tried), for now, I am compiling it without external
encryption library support which means two things:1) For
any architecture except linux, AES will be software only
(no hardware acceleration).2) The library will not have
support for SRP authentication.
We plan to add support for gnutls at a later date and then
turn those extra features on.
If there is anything else needed for the merge to happen,
please let me know.
Regards,
Sergio