[vlc-devel] [Announcement] Trac bug tracker migrated to GitLab

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne at videolan.org
Sat Mar 20 10:11:55 UTC 2021

Hello Rémi,

> Am 20.03.2021 um 10:40 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
>
> Le lauantaina 20. maaliskuuta 2021, 11.31.37 EET Felix Paul Kühne a écrit :
>> Hello Rémi,

>>> I can't find how to do criterion search.
>>>
>>> Like how do I map this:
>>>
>>> https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/query?
>>> status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=4.0.0&or&status=assig
>>> ned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=3.0.x+maintenance&group=owner&pag
>>> e=4&col=id&col=summary&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=component&col=v
>>> ersion&order=id
>> Apparently, the gitlab UI does not allow to search for 2 milestones at the
>> same time, but manipulating the URL gives the open tickets for both 4.0 and
>> 3.0 maintenance for me:
>> https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=✓&state=open
>> ed&milestone_title=3.0.x%20maintenance&milestone_title=4.0.0
>>
>> and if you just want the Wayland tickets, you add the label to the filter:
>> https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=✓&state=opene
>> d&milestone_title=3.0.x%20maintenance&milestone_title=4.0.0&label_name[]=Com
>> ponent%3A%3AVideo%3A%20Wayland
>
> I still can't see how to sort by, group by or otherwise even show assignees
> without opening every single ticket.

The assignee is the small icon in the list. If you hover on the icon, it will give the clear text name.

To sort, click on "Created date“ to pick your sorting style.

What kind of grouping do you miss? „Show all the tickets I’m assigned for component X?“

Best regards,

Felix