[vlc-devel] [Announcement] Trac bug tracker migrated to GitLab

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Mar 21 09:12:34 UTC 2021

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021, at 09:55, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I have deleted the "Other OS" and "Solaris" platform which had zero
> corresponding issues.

Good.

> - Component: Unknown

I kind of agree on this one, but sometimes I tagged them directly, and it meant "I looked at it, as a dev, and I currently don't know if that is a Demuxer or a Decoder or something else issue".
Maybe a different tag would be nice for the above.

> - Platform: all
> - Platform: Qt supported

Agreed.

> And Platform: POSIX ought to be changed to the pair of Platform: Linux and
> Platform: BSD.

No objection.

> OS/2 has zero issues as well, but I've not deleted it in consideration for the
> fact that the port is actively maintained.

I wouldn't delete it either

> Also many tag names are too long and unreadable and really need to be renamed,
> e.g. demuxer components only get one visible initial...

They are fully visible on the right bar, though.

I suggest renaming Demuxers to Demux, for example, if noone has objections.

Also, I did change the colours and used variations of the same colors (blue for audio, green for video, orange for interfaces, crimson for core, ettc...)

Best

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734