[vlc-devel] [Announcement] Trac bug tracker migrated to GitLab

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 01:27:56 UTC 2021

On 26 Mar 2021, at 1:58, amindfv--- via vlc-devel wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 08:22:42PM +0100, Marvin Scholz wrote:
>
>> The new bug tracker for VLC can now be found on:
>>
>> https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/issues/
>
> Hello,

Hi,

> I'm attempting to update my existing bug tickets and am unable to do
> anything on the new Gitlab instance because after registration it
> blocks any action I try to take with "The global settings require you
> to enable Two-Factor Authentication for your account."
>
> I don't want to have to install some closed-source third-party app
> just to report a bug for an open source project, and I'd guess many
> others won't want to as well. Can you disable this requirement?

There is no need to install a closed-source app, there are open-source
2FA apps available too. The message
is a bit confusing as it suggests a specific app iirc, but any 2FA app
will do.

There is unfortunately no way to enforce 2FA only for some user groups
or so, so we can not disable
it without disabling the requirement for all users, which we do not want
to, afaik.