[vlc-devel] Patch for adding preferred subtitle language tracks and preferred audio language tracks for Android devices

Miller, Kyle KyleMiller3 at my.unt.edu
Thu Oct 7 14:44:14 UTC 2021

This has been a feature mentioned maybe as many as 8 years ago if I recall from reading the requests correctly. I have use for it, so I implemented it for my FireTV.

I was not sure how to make the test suite checks or anything, but I tested the code a few times and it seems to work.

There were 2 lines of code I was not sure about replacing but it seemed necessary for this patch to work correctly. That part is checking to see if media.id == 0L. I cannot figure out the purpose of this check and it breaks my code if I keep it.