[vlc-devel] VLC | wam32-emscripten: add initial support (!184)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Sep 13 08:10:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, 13 Sep 2021, at 10:04, RĂ©mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I am asking for consensus, which is what was agreed when the TC was set up and explicitly restated by the president when gitlab was taken into use. And yes, consensus is basically a synonym for unanimity. The whole point of the TC is to vote when consensus cannot be reached.

I remember the consensus discussion was on unresolved threads, indeed; but I don't remember that on the thumbs up/down. I remember that we discussed what happened if votes difference was > 2 or 3, but I don't know if that is what we accepted, in the end. Maybe Felix and TypX remember better.

> And then somebody (possibly you) forwarded internal TC messages to your CEO to threaten me and slander me in front
> of the rest of the TC after I called for your replacement. It is absolutely appalling that VideoLabs has fallen so low. It is now very clear that it considers VLC its own and will override the community if it goes in its way.

Are you not blowing this out of proportion for no reasons?

If I wanted to have full control of VLC and kick one person out of the community, I could have done this long ago.
So please stop those personal attacks right now, and focus on the solution on the dev process.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President
+33 672 704 734