[vlc-devel] VLC 3.0.18 release will be tagged soon

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 31 09:42:48 UTC 2022

We should merge and backport
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/merge_requests/2464

And also backport this, which apparently hasn't been last time
https://code.videolan.org/videolan/vlc/-/commit/3c9c32ab3bd0258aa55bd353609c96846ce21373

Note that YouTube playback is still currently throttled (#27227) and
is going to stay that way. To fix this we'd need either of these,
backported to 3.0.x:

- an HTTP POST API with lua bindings (#26185)
- a JavaScript interpreter library added to contribs, the build system,
  APIs and lua bindings (#26318)
- a JavaScript interpreter available as a lua module

For now we have none of these. The last one is the only option really
reasonable for backporting to 3.0.x, but then we might not have a lot of
leisure about this. (And obviously that wouldn't be for 3.0.18.)

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."