[vlc-devel] [RFC] Raise minimum required macOS version

David Fuhrmann david.fuhrmann at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 18:47:46 UTC 2022

Hello Marvin,

I think we already agreed to require 10.11 as a minimum (see commit aafd5f992db1b69d9ff1e3c16a06cbf81db8c0e7, which is from 2018 already). Back then we also mentioned a reason for the bump, and it was the usage for an updated API which we wanted to definitely use. (See commit msg for some details.)

So, as jb said, we should continue using the same approach: Do you have one or multiple new APIs you definitely need, which are only available in later versions? Then they should be named, and if they are important enough, I think we can justify a bump.

Best regards,
David