[vlc-devel] Problem streaming RTSP link

Syed Sukunimetön syed.akhtar at oulu.fi
Mon Oct 3 11:36:34 UTC 2022

Hi,

I’m using an RTSP server to stream it on Unity using your VLC-Unity Plugin.

Initially I was able to watch the live stream properly in Unity but since last month, once I hit play on Unity the camera hangs the streaming plugin and stops streaming.

These are the steps that I do to create the error:

  1.  Start the RTSP plugin<https://pluginstore.theta360.com/plugins/com.sciencearts.rtspstreaming/> on Ricoh Theta Z1 camera.
  2.  Check live stream on VLC media player at: rtsp://192.168.50.154:8554/live
  3.  Closing VLC and setting the following value in the scrip VLCThreeSixty.cs.
var media = new Media(_libVLC, new Uri("rtsp://192.168.50.154:8554/live"));

  1.  Hitting play on Unity.
  2.  After a few seconds camera beeps and shuts off the plugin.

I wanted to know what actually does the VLC-Unity plugin does to switch it off? Maybe it’s something related to port Unity has started using or something else.

But this worked flawlessly before so something changed in either VLC-unity plugin or the camera plugin. But if you could again help in solving this issue, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Syed Jawad Akhtar