[vlc-devel] Split video output with LibVLC

Tobias Rapp t.rapp at noa-archive.com
Fri Oct 21 13:45:59 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm currently trying to integrate LibVLC into one of my native Windows
applications. Passing in a window handle via
libvlc_media_player_set_hwnd() and starting playback works fine.

Now I'd like to send video to two outputs simultaneously: Once to the
window handle and another, scaled-down version to some callback handler
for other visualization controls within the application.

Is it possible to use libvlc_media_player_set_hwnd() and something
similar to libvlc_video_set_callbacks() at the same time, where only the
output sent to the callbacks is processed by some resize filter?

Best regards,
Tobias