[vlc-devel] Support for Windows on Arm

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Fri Sep 9 08:39:58 UTC 2022

On Fri, 9 Sep 2022, Pierre Lamot wrote:

> On 09/09/2022 10:29, Steve Lhomme wrote:
>> out of the box for Windows ARM. It should build like the other Windows
>> targets except adding `-a aarch64` to build.sh. It should work with
>> the LLVM Dockers we use (or any llvm-mingw build). Not sure there's
>> mingw-w64 for ARM available.
>>
>> There may be some contribs that don't build properly, for example Qt
>> may refuse to build or not understand what's going on. And if it
>> builds it's not
>
> according to your website [1], qt for windows arm requires version 6.2,
> but we only support Qt 5, so this may indeed be a problem if you plan to
> build the UI

I dunno what that information that website is based on, but with upstream
Qt (plain Qt Core) it has worked fine since around Qt 5.11 with
llvm-mingw. Maybe it's based on what they have tested themselves?

It runs just fine with the Qt backported patches in VLC's contrib, on both
the 3.0.x and master branches.

// Martin