[vlc-devel] Support for Windows on Arm

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Sep 9 09:13:49 UTC 2022

Hi,

As Martin hinted up-thread, VLC for Windows is normally cross-built from Debian or Ubuntu. MSys has proven to be high maintenance / low gain in comparison, especially now that there's WSL as a fine alternative to build sort of natively, at least on x86. So Windows builders wouldn't help much.

AFAIK, Debian and Ubuntu don't provide tool chains for Windows on ARM, so that's one actual impediment, albeit not fatal.

Br,