[ANN] vlc 0.1.99g

Samuel Hocevar sam at via.ecp.fr
Thu Aug 17 02:50:03 CEST 2000

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000, shervin wrote:

> I'm getting about 15 fps. The problem could be my 4 Meg on-board
> Mach 64 video card, which is poorly supported by X 4.0.1 (no Xv, for
> example). Also my hard disk is slow. Can you tell me your video card
> specs?

   I have a Matrox G200, which I believe is one of the best supported
card under Linux (Matrox releases specs very early).

   On my Celeron 375 under X 3.3, I get 19.5 fps with AC3 sound, and
23 fps with audio switched off. (compiled with --enable-mmx but *not*
--enable-ppro). I guess that we could approach full framerate if we had
Xv support, but there are so many things on the task list... SDL support
has a chance to appear soon though.

Regards,
--
Sam.